Tips & advice
Below you will find some tips and advice that may be relevant in connection with your move.
If you have other questions about the relocation process, please contact us by phone or e-mail. We will do everything to help you so that the process is as simple as possible.
We recommend that you follow these tips:
Where and when do I start?
How early you have to be out when you move depends on how far you have to move.
If you are moving internally in the same city, it may be sufficient to order a move a couple of weeks before the move is to take place.
If, on the other hand, you are moving from northern Norway to southern Norway, for example, you should have an order of approx. one month before the move is to be made.
When moving to / from abroad, we recommend that you are out even earlier.
• Use different sizes of boxes – large boxes for light things – small boxes for heavy things.
• The boxes should not weigh more than 25 kg.
• The boxes must be completely filled – this to be as stable as possible.
• Mark the boxes well with what they contain – this is important for the correct stacking on the moving truck – as well as delivery to the correct room in the new home.
• Avoid mixing different contents in the same box – eg books and glasses should not be packed in the same box. This is because the content can withstand different loads.
• Flammable / corrosive substances, containers for liquid should not be packed together with other moving goods.
• This is due to the risk of spillage and insurance conditions.
• Tape the eska again when it is full. Do not use boxes without lids.
• Do not pack so much in the box that it will be cool on the lid.
• Clothes can be packed in garbage bags – then use 2 bags on top of each other so that there is less chance of clothes falling out.
If you are moving from abroad to Norway – the following documents are needed:
• Import form for moving goods to Norway – click here to download the document.
• Copy of passport
• Load / inventory list
When moving – it is important to report a change of address to the post office.
Link to address change in the mail – Address change
You must also remember to report a move to the population register.
By following this link, you can report a move online or download a form for moving: